What is the GreenON Rebate Program?February 24, 2018, 10:28 PMWindows
In mid-December, the Ontario government launched a new program offering rebates on the purchase and installation of select high-performance windows. This program, called GreenON, was created to promote the reduction of energy costs and fight climate change. It offers 500$ per window replacement, and up to $5000 per house.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
- Available for single homes, semi-detached and townhomes already built (not on new construction)
- Available on full-frame installation only (no retrofit installs allowed)
- Bay and bow windows are eligible (but a bay/bow counts as 1 opening)
- Registered Heritage homes: GreenON is working on the parameters of the program
- Windows must be bought and installed by a Window Wise certified installer.
- All installers must be certified to install (not just one individual on the team or in the company).
- The Window Wise installer must have a showroom.
- Certification is not retroactive. If the installer is not certified at time of installation, the rebate will not be given.
- The installer is responsible for submitting the GreenOn rebate claim.
Low expanding, one-component, polyurethane foam sealant, curing to semi-rigid, closed cell
urethane foam providing a RSI of 0.9 per 25.4 mm.
Meets or exceeds all applicable governmental and industrial safety and performance standards.
Both ER value and U-factor requirements must be met and on the label.
26 or greater
1.14 (0.20) or lower
36 or greater
1.4 (0.25) or lower
REQUIREMENTS FOR HOMEOWNERS
Homeowner must take before and after pictures of each window to submit with the application.
Only one application per property. All windows must be bought and installed at the same time.
If the Embridge or Union Gas program has already been used on the house, the GreenON program is not applicable.
Homeowner will receive a cheque from the government 8-12 weeks after the application is sent.
For more details about how you can benefit from the GreenON window replacement rebate, ask your Vinylbilt dealer today.